Drone Licence A2
EU Remote Pilot Certificate A2
In this course, participants will acquire knowledge and skills required to safely perform flights in Open Category A2 through a guided training. This category is aimed at people who wish to fly drones within visual range with certain restrictions.
The EU Remote Pilot Certificate A2 thus obtained is intended to document the competence of remote pilots according to point UAS.OPEN.030 of EU Regulation 2019/947 and is valid in all EU Member States. This also includes Norway, Iceland, Lichtenstein and Switzerland, provided these countries have ratified Regulation (EU) 2019/947.
This course is conducted by our partner, ProFlyCenter GmbH.
Theoretical online training as self-study or in a guided digital course with instructor and final exam. Applicable to users of drones with and without CE class markings and a take-off weight of up to 4 kilograms. The participant acquires knowledge and skills required to safely perform flights in Open Category A2. Valid in all EU member states
With the code PFC-MASTER-CODE there is a 10% discount on the training!
The training is available in two variants:
Self-study - You will receive digital training materials from Pro Fly Center and can conveniently work through them at your own pace. The content has been created according to EASA and national NAA guidelines by knowledgeable experts. Once you have worked through the material and feel ready for the exam you can select one of the dates listed and register for the exam. This training is ideal for aspiring pilots who want to learn flexibly and save money at the same time.
- Examination after self-study
- Duration of the exam approx. 1 hour
- The exam takes place online via camera under the supervision of an LBA-approved examiner.
Digital Course - A professional form of online learning that we have already done more than successfully with our license training courses. You go through all the material and topics in detail with an experienced instructor and practitioner in a session lasting several hours. Additionally, they have time for questions and can discuss content in more depth. This is the most convenient format for individuals who enjoy working in teams and with instructors. Immediately after the course, participants take an exam, so they can quickly apply the knowledge they have acquired.
- 5-6 hours
- Exam after the online training
- Duration of the exam approx. 1 hour
- The exam takes place online via camera under the supervision of an LBA-approved examiner
Theoretical online training with final exam for users of drones with and without CE class marking and a take-off weight up to 4 kilograms. The participant acquires knowledge and skills required to safely perform flights in Open Category A2. Valid in all EU member states see description.
The pilot obtains the qualification to fly drones with CE class marking and a weight of up to 4kg at a safe distance from people (30 meters horizontal distance or 5 meters in slow flight mode).
The pilot receives the qualification to fly existing drones without CE-class marking and a weight of 500g - 2kg at a safe distance from people (50 meters horizontal distance).
Training and testing are done online with the following requirements:
- Valid proof of identity
- Completed 16 years of age
- To apply for a remote pilot certificate to operate in subcategory A2, an EU certificate of competence from subcategory A1 or A3 is required. Training and testing for subcategories A1 and A3 are conducted through the Federal Aviation Authority website.
- Via this link: https://lba-openuav.de/einstieg/ will take you to registration. The training section will teach you the essential knowledge you need to operate a drone, in the training module you will consolidate your knowledge and qualify for the exam for your A1/A3 certificate of competence.
- Furthermore, you have to do a practical self-training under the conditions of the subcategory A3 (preferably on an open field). You can do this practical training during the A2 training in the PFC or in an additional practice session with one of our experienced trainers.
- 2 cameras (e.g. webcam + cell phone)
- Sufficiently fast internet connection
- How can weather affect drone flight?
- Evaluation of weather data, helpful apps & tools
2) UAS Flight Performance
- Typical application and uses of unmanned aerial vehicles
- Mass, positioning and location of center of gravity
- Securing of payloads / cameras
- safe handling of batteries
- GEO zones / flight zones
3) technical and operational mitigation of risks on the ground
- functions in slow flight mode
- inspection of the take-off and landing area
- estimation of distance to people, buildings and obstacles
- The 1:1 rule
4) Additional content
- Reporting of incidents
- Risk management
The theory exam also takes place online immediately after the training. During the exam, 30 questions are asked. The exam participant must answer 75% of the questions correctly to pass the exam.
The training price includes the following:
- online theoretical training with exam
- Training materials in digital form
- Processing fee
- Pro Fly Center Support
PRO FLY CENTER Support:
- Discount for additional Pro Fly Center trainings
- Discount on DJI products after completion of training course
- Free access to the closed Pro Fly Center forum
- EU Remote Pilot Certificate - Open Category A2 (will be sent by LBA via e-mail)
Information about the online learning portal:
- After completing registration, you will receive access to your personal online learning portal with all necessary learning materials for 6 months
- The course takes place via Skype or Zoom
- After passing the exam, you will receive your EU A2 certificate via email from the LBA